Monday, October 14, 2013

Stumbled Across This Crazy Coffee Table While Shaking My Head Over How Bad Indianapolis Craigslist's Has Gotten With The New Furniture Dealers Posting In The Furniture By Owner Section. Status: Judging Other Peoples Stuff!

image0

Just thought I'd throw this out there today. It's kind of a cool idea and makes me wonder who came up with it. Did they steal the shopping carts? Is it artistic...or is it just another iteration of shelves made from milk crates?


image0

GROCERY CART TABLE - $50 (FISHERS)

"legs appear to be old grocery carts, coffee table size in great shape"

I've always wanted to do a post on the coolness of the design of grocery carts, but it always seemed too trivial. It's like the paperclip, a simple and elegant design that just gets the job done. But both are amazing for their design and get so little recognition! This table sorta celebrates the design qualities of the humble shopping cart...but would you live with it. Hmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that Indianapolis' Craigslist has gotten out of hand with the dealer posts- and not to mention new furniture in vintage. I am so frustrated that I've almost quit searching- you have to scroll through so many irrelevant posts just to get to the ones that you wanted to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gretchen.

      I work pretty hard at flagging the new furniture dealers (mostly mattress spammers) here on the St. Louis craigslist, but it's our responsibility to maintain it.

      Delete